Friday, October 29, 2004

All Hallow''d Out

Phew. Took my MIL to see 1 nephew and 1 niece at their Halloween parades/parties. Chaos and confusion-I remembered how much that stuff drove me nuts when I was teaching. It looks like fun but is a lot of work for the teachers. A. is in 3rd grade, so he was pleased to see us but no big deal when we left-he had cupcakes and Doritos to finish! G. is 4 and her daycare was just crazy with parents and crying toddlers who didn't want to keep walking in the parade but would rather be held by mom thankyouverymuch. What drove me nuts were the parents ignoring their toddlers tears in order to get a photo opportunity. Gah.
G. looked quite the beautiful princess in her Cinderella dress. She didn't mind me and Granny leaving once her dad showed up. Amidst the chaos, I suddenly realized that *I* could be there with my own child in a couple years-wow.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

I can't wait Trish. You are going to make such a wonderful mama!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home