Friday, June 04, 2004

Review of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:

in the words of Ron Weasley "that was bloody brilliant!" what an amazing movie! it was well-paced, even though it was very late I never felt like 'come on, I need to get to bed'. lots of laughs, the new uniforms are excellent-I SO want a Gryffindor umbrella. No Wood-I do wish they'd have kept at least 1 or 2 of his scenes, but oh well. the twins finally got a chance to show how cool they are as characters! Marauder's Map was really well done, better than I'd imagined it. Gambon/Dumbledore is fine, but I still miss Richard Harris. Singing frogs chorus did make the movie but it fine the little they are in. Crookshanks is awfully cute! Knight Bus was amazing...Hogsmeade looked very cool. Buckbeak was an amazing creature. Trelawney was just as batty as you thought she'd be. Tom at the Leaky Cauldron was kinda weird and Pettigrew is creepy. oooh, the dementors were spooky! we said they're the Ringwraiths now that they're out of a job from LoTR! Snape wasn't in it as much. Puberty has hit Hogwarts-Neville looks so different! thank god they finally allowed Harry to have the messy hair that's only mentioned 50 times in each book. enjoyed the soundtrack, some new themes. the ending was tons better than CoS. I loved it, as did P and the friend we were with. 3 sold out midnite shows-only a few goofballs showed up in costumes! I did wear my Leaky Cauldron t-shirt and Fawkes watch though...I can only hope Mike Newell builds on this movie.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Soper said...

You know what, I have a theory about Crookshanks. If you look at the beginning of book one, there is an orange cat that runs off when Dumbledore arrives with the put-outer. Sirius mentions that _he thinks_his brother was killed by Voldemort, and then later he bonds with the cat when he is posing as a dog. I think Crookshanks is going to be revealed in book seven as Sirius' brother -- what do you think? Haven't seen the movie yet, I promised my mom I'd wait and go with her this weekend when I'm home. It's about to kill me.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home