Monday, December 20, 2004

Happy to be home safely

It was a whirlwind trip to Vermont for my nephew J's wedding, much too short. We knew the ride home would be interesting as the snow started flying as we were leaving Bennington. In New York the flakes were flying and sticking to the road. Freaked out as we passed a car on it's side "cars aren't supposed to be on their side". The snow gave way to ice around Harrisburg. Total accident count we saw was around 13, I believe, including the jack-knifed tractor trailer on northbound 81 in PA. Once we were home tucked in our bed I turned to P and thanked him for getting us home safely.

My other nephew J dropped the bombshell at the wedding that his girlfriend is pregnant. Surprisingly I didn't feel sad about it, just kind of excited that there will be 2 new babies for the family roughly the same age. Not sure how my dad will take learning he'll be a great-grandfather!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

That's one thing I worry about....will there be any children in my family the same age as my child(ren). I'm glad that it appears that you will. That's great!! I'm so excited for you!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, that would have bugged me just a pinch. You so much more "there" than I am. Happy Holidays, Trish!

Marla
Middle Way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home