Friday, September 17, 2004

I've Seen Everything

Trashcan Sinatras were excellent-well worth the loooong wait. They played most of the new album, which was fine, but we wanted more old stuff too, after all, we've been waiting 10+ years to hear it. The new album is really excellent though, I'm glad they're back.
The title track is our favorite song on the new cd, and I really love the lyrics, particularly the chorus and second verse:
Weightlifting
I discover the wheel and watch the buildings go by,
You talk a little soft, turn off the radio.
I just want to hear all the past times,
The rushed hours, the endless lives;
Don't become a burden,
Say the word and be free.

You will find a great weight lifting,
Easing your mind, a great weight lifting,
Just leave it behind, a great weight lifting,
and you will find, a great weight lifting,

It's been a lonely winter hibernating away,
You need a little sunlight on that face.
How long can you stay in the darkness?
Dust round the empty nest?
You could make your way out,
If you lay down the load.

You will find a great weight lifting,
Easing your mind, a great weight lifting,
Leave it behind, a great weight lifting,

You will find a great weight lifting,
Just leave it behind, a great weight lifting,
and you will find, a great weight lifting.


I think that I am starting to lay down my load of IF and all the bitterness, and I can feel a weight lifting.


as a bonus tickets went on sale yesterday for Jamie Cullem in October so P got them for me *does happy dance* The fun never ends!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home